Microservices are an architectural pattern that utilizes a collection of loosely coupled and independently deployable services to build an application. The benefits can be wide ranging from allowing different languages to be used by different services to helping control data integrity.
In this talk,the following topics will be covered:
- Why are microservices useful?
- Are microservices right for your application?
- What are some common microservice architectures and design patterns?
- Can we establish some best practices for microservice architecture and design?
- Why serverless microservices?
- How to stop worrying and easily deploy awesome APIs?
The goal of this talk is for the audience to understand what benefits microservices provide, and also some associated drawbacks. There will be examples of microservice architectures including some guidelines for best practices.
A simple example application built with microservices (using Node.js and the Serverless framework) will be made available on GitHub.